There are lots of perks to nailing interviews on your podcast. Interviews are great for adding legitimacy to your cast. They also keep you on top of your game in terms of professional relations with people worth knowing. Added benefits include the fact that you can be exposed to the network of the interviewee. And you can’t deny the fact that it’s pretty awesome that the interviewee is doing most of the work content-wise.
We decided to put together a general list of questions you can ask almost any interviewee, to make your podcast as enlightening and entertaining as possible. A lot of these questions have a philosophical spin to it- which is good because it opens the door to dialogue.
- How would you describe the XYZ industry?
- Why is XYZ important now more than ever?
- What are you thoughts on (widely accepted theory)?
- What do people say about XYZ that is simply not true?
- How did the idea for your solution come to mind?
- What is a typical day for you like?
- How should one get started on accomplishing XYZ?
- What are some common mistakes people make when they try to XYZ?
- What are some unconventional tricks you picked up on along the way?
- What are the obstacles people commonly face when they XYZ?
- How can people overcome the roadblocks they face while XYZ-ing?
- What are the next steps one can take today?
- What are some goals that beginners should set to accomplish within 2,5, and 10 years?
- Which website(s) should we check out to learn more about XYZ?
Now that you have a great starting point, go rock that interview with confidence!